With temperatures regularly hitting the high 90’s and up to triple didgets, we all have reason to be concerned about heat stress and safety of warehouse personnel.
Here are a few tips to help prevent heat exhaustion and heat stress:
- Don’t wear dark, tight-fitting clothes.
- Don’t eat heavy meals before working in the heat (especially stay away from dairy and heavy beef types of food).
- Cover as much of your body as possible
- Keep drinking water and gatorade close by.
- Don’t drink alcohol or drinks with caffeine.
- Know and react to symptoms of heat-related health problems such as delerium, mental confusion, convulsions, shaking, vomiting, etc.
- Water alone cannot replenish necessary salt and mineral depletion.
Industrial fans, coolers and other industrial air circulation devices are also recommended for non-air conditioned warehouse or distribution areas. Call us today for a heat assessment of your warehouse or distribution area and ways to keep your personnel safe and free from heat related problems.