Seismic footings on mezzanine complete for automotive parts storage and distribution center.
Every mezzanine platform design/installation presents certain challenges. Live loads, dead loads and seismic loads must be taken into careful consideration when designing a structural mezzanine.
When installing a mezzanine, a properly engineered mezzanine platform must be designed to withstand seismic effects. By working with qualified, experienced engineers who follow stringent seismic codes and requirements, you are ensured an optimum, safe work structure.
See the image that highlights the process that a qualified engineering team will follow during a Slab Analysis.
Our experience includes working with municipalities, city requirements to assist you with permits, electrical, fire or seismic safety codes. We meet design standards for all 50 states, and provide stamped and sealed drawings prepared by the manufacturer – stamped by professional engineers, including calculations.
- Prepare for the permit process
- Review scope of your project
- Discuss time requirements
- Facilitate a plan with local building and fire departments
- Confirm which Codes need to be met
- Provide a thorough understanding of drawing and documentation requirements
- Which Drawings need to be Stamped and by Whom?
- Does a Fire Code Compliance Review need to be done?
- Discuss installation requirements – Prior to permitting, what can – cannot be done?
Contact us at 800.442.3061 for additional information on mezzanine systems, and other material handling projects.
Look for Part III – coming soon! Flooring options for your mezzanine deck.
Resin Deck Mezzanine Flooring