Maintenance and Repairs Q&A for Loading Dock Equipment
The Best Way to Keep Your Equipment In Peak Performance
Routine maintenance and repairs of your loading dock equipment keeps you from costly downtime, malfunctions, and employee injuries for continued safe operations.
We’ll schedule you for regularly planned health checkups for your dock doors, dock equipment and industrial doors. And our certified, trained technicians focus on keeping your equipment in peak condition at all times.
Maintenance & Repairs Q&A
What type of equipment is covered?
- Commercial, Overhead Dock Doors (dock seals, dock shelters)
- Industrial Doors (high speed, roll up, freezer, vinyl strip doors, clean room doors, fire doors, etc.)
- Industrial Curtain Walls and Dividers
- High Velocity Low Speed Fans (HVLS)
- Truck Restraints
- Safety Barriers
- Safety Sensors
- Dock Bumpers
- Security Gates
- Most Dock Area Equipment
- Additional Warehouse Equipment May Apply
What types of tasks are included in a maintenance plan?
Common tasks for Loading Dock Doors and Industrial Doors
- Check rollers and hinges, springs, and panel replacement
- Track surfaces are cleaned and free of obstructions
- Greasing and maintenance on all moving parts
- Bolts and fasteners are correctly tightened
- Repair broken door drum and bearings
- Align and balance doors plus full door replacements
- Check internal gears and moving parts
- Replace frayed door cables, and open ‘hot’ lines to prevent fire hazard
- Install and repair commercial opener and jacks shafts
- Check electrical connections and operator rails
Common tasks for Dock Levelers, Seals, and Under-Leveler Seals
- Pit clean out – remove all debris
- Lubricate parts
- Adjust hold down box
- Check and tighten electrical or hydraulic connections
Common tasks for Vehicle Restraints
- Inspect all weld points for cracks or breaks
- Adjust drive chain tension
- Check drive motor and gearbox for wear and damage
- Inspect hook and hook-shaft for wear and damage
- Lubricate and clean
What’s included in each scheduled inspection?
- Routine scheduling customized to your needs by certified, trained technicians
- Comprehensive evaluation of dock equipment and industrial doors
- Detailed checklist after every visit showing summary of equipment
- Equipment numbered and logged by type, brand, size, and model
- Complete preventative maintenance report that complies with OSHA
- All maintenance, cleaning, and repairs are completed during the scheduled visit
- All recommended repairs/replacements are quoted for your review and approval before work is applied
How often will a certified tech be scheduled to come out?
Depending upon the amount of use and abuse your equipment takes, scheduled maintenance could be on a monthly basis or once per year. Plans will be customized to your specific operational needs by one of our certified technicians.
How do I set up a 24/7 emergency plan?
Simple! Call us at 800-442-3061 and we will customize a plan for you that will cover your equipment during an emergency. Our on-call, experienced technicians will be there for you 24/7, to get you back up and running fast.
Added value for you when you sign up.
- Complimentary follow-up to ensure your needs have been met
- ‘On Call’ priority service for emergencies
- Preferred pricing on parts, labor, and equipment
- Training for safe operation of equipment
- Detailed records of inspections, evaluations and solutions
When you partner with W.W. Cannon, you gain a lifelong service, installation and equipment partner who strives to be the BEST at providing you with excellent service.
Find the Right Solution
How can we help you solve your challenges? Reach out and someone will be in touch soon for more details.
Our client was on a tight budget with a tight deadline to launch their e-commerce store and needed a fast,…
Warehouse pallet rack safety netting is an effective, simple, and affordable solution for work area protection and flue space compliance….